Guitar Center - Can I buy what I want?

Apr 08
review #482010

Guitar center employees are smug, know-it-alls that look down their nose at you if you dare to purchase something they don't use or agree with.I accidentally sat on my guitar tuner and stopped in to get a replacement.

I could have easily ordered it on Amazon but I chose to support a local business. I asked the salesperson for the tuner I wanted and he replied, "You don't want that tuner?" I said, "Excuse me?" and he directed me to another tuner. The brand of tuner doesn't matter as it probably is a great tuner. My point is, the tuner I wanted was one I'd used for years, was familiar with it, and very happy with it.

I asked again for the tuner I wanted and again was extolled the virtues of the other tuner. Frustrated, I asked again if I could buy the tuner I wanted and was asked, "Why do you want to spend more money?" I surrendered and told the salesperson in no uncertain terms that it was my money and I'll spend it how I want to and I guess you've left me with no option but to get the tuner I want elsewhere.

Ordered it on Amazon.Will never go back to Guitar Center.

681d104
Had an experience with Guitar Center?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

×
You were reading a complaint about Guitar Center.
Filing a new complaint about
×